There is a continuous rise in the demand and usefulness of technology and the Church should not be left out of this trend. The topic "Technology and Church Growth" will be a series that encompasses a lot of different aspects. This article is a short introduction on what to expect in this series. We will begin with an overview of why churches need technology as churches in Africa are yet to embrace technology fully. In the first article of the technology and church growth series here, we had an in-depth introduction that highlighted reasons churches do not adequately leverage technology and why churches need technology.
Is technology good for the church? Yes of course. We will also highlight some technology tools that growing churches need and in the next few articles we will go into details of these tools and their benefits to the church.
Why Churches Need Technology
There are so many advantages of using technology in the church as there is a direct link between technology and church growth. Below are a few of these advantages.
- Enable members and non-members connect with the Church online.
- Improve First-Timer Retention with an automated follow up process.
- Connect with a larger audience globally.
- Improve finances with online giving.
- Effective management and overall administration.
- Membership management.
Technology Tools for Growing Churches
Technology tools in this context are software used to support and carry out church daily functions. We will be focusing on tools that will position your church for growth.
These tools make it easier for churches to reach out to their audience and also effectively and efficiently manage church day to day activities.
Some of the tools for growing churches include but are not limited to:
- Church management software.
- Church Website.
- Google drive.
- Easy worship.
- Obs studio.
- Adobe products
II. Premiere pro.
III. After effect.
- Corel draw.
- Microsoft office.
ChurchPlus is a web-based church management software that offers church leaders, pastors and church administrators technology tools to improve administration, ensure effectiveness and efficiency. It enables the Church to manage its entire data operations including people management, financial reporting, internal communication and performance measurement across all church activities.
FEATURES OF CHURCHPLUS
- Automated Follow up process.
- First Timers tracking system.
- Communication with members using SMS and Email.
- Membership Database.
- Church accounting solution for finances tracking and management.
- An extensive reporting system for analysis.
- Church Events Management.
- Automated birthday and celebration messages.
- Payment gateway integration.
BENEFITS OF CHURCHPLUS
- Builds a happier relationship between the church and the members.
- Improves First Timer retention.
- 99.9% delivery rate on all sent SMS including DND numbers.
- Accessibility and integrity of all church data.
- Accessible on every internet-enabled device.
- Church Events Management.
- It is convenient and easy to use solution.
HOW TO GET STARTED ON CHURCHPLUS
To get started on Churchplus, all you need is internet access and your laptop, mobile phone or tablet. Visit www.churchplus.co and request an instant demo or you can go right ahead to sign up for a free.